Sunday, April 1, 2007

Timing is everything

We finished our Bateman project last Wednesday, and I must say, I feel the biggest load has been lifted off my shoulders. I've had a great experience with this project, learning more than most of my previous experiences combined. One of the biggest things I learned is the importance of time. Many times during this project, our group met, thinking the meeting would last an hour or two. However, three or four hours later, we were still working away. We quickly learned that we, as a team, were most productive when we had large chunks of time to bounce ideas off each other and work uninterrupted. Towards the end of our project, when we were on deadline, our meetings lasted for seven, ten and twelve hours. When we took our book to the printer, we thought we could just drop it off and pick it up later in the day. Little did we know that we would spend five hours there, reformatting things that we had made with the wrong information. Basically, whenever you think something will take an hour, always add at least two more!

No comments: